Jayna returned from each Olympic Games she attended with a medal around her neck – silver from the Nagano 1998 Olympic Winter Games, gold from the Salt Lake City 2002 Olympic Winter Games, gold from the Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games and most recently gold at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. Over the course of her 13-year tenure on Canada’s National Women’s Ice Hockey Team, Jayna has won seven World Championship titles.
- Three-time gold medallist – 2002, 2006 and 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- Silver medallist – 1998 Olympic Winter Games
- Seven-time World Champion
Tips from Jayna:
1. You can increase the difficulty of your workouts in many ways, you can choose what works best for you – increase intensity, increase weights, or increase repetitions
2. Variety is key to decreasing boredom and increasing fitness results – be sure to work on cardiovascular fitness as well as muscular fitness
3. Body weight workouts are the easiest and most efficient way to get in a training session. You can do them anywhere, and you need no equipment. These can include: jumping, lunges, push-ups, squats, etc.
4. It’s important to fuel your body with nutritious snacks immediately following exercise
5. Create small fitness goals for yourself to help stay motivated and on track